Best Use of Keywords in Article Writing
|click to buy from Amazon|
How to Write an Article that Makes Money
Writing highly-focused articles on a niche subject will fare well for the writer. Once the topic has been chosen, it is a good idea to write the article for the reader, not for Googlebots. This makes the article more pleasurable to read, and also improve the likelihood of the article earning backlinks from other sites.
Drafting an Article for Money Making Websites
- The nature of reading from a screen is different to reading a book. For this reason, it is best to confine the article to between 400 and 600 words long.
- Break up long paragraphs and pepper with bullet points to make the article easier to scan by the reader
- Attach a few images to the article and tag the image with keyword rich search terms which will make the article more visible to search engines
Conducting keyword research using Google’s Adwords keyword tool is invaluable for webpage optimisation. This requires the following procedures:
The article writer will not know which search terms people are using when writing the article, so I personally write the article without this in mind in the first draft. Once I have completed the article I go into Google’s Adwords Search Word Tool, and I guess the search terms people might be using to find my article.
Google’s tool will come back with useful data for the webwriter. This will include:
- The actual search phrases people are using, including spelling errors
- Search volume of each search phrase
- Synonyms to the search phrases given
- Which search keywords attract the highest revenue.
- Seasonal trends, for instance, Christmas related articles will show peaks in search results in the autumn months and dips in the summer
- Geographical trends, for instance, local results and global results
- Advertising competition for a particular topic. Some very niche topics may have little advertising competition, in which case, Google may display non contextual ads alongside an article to fill Adwords space
Low Competition Keywords
With the keywords given, the writer may research which keywords have too much competition, or in other words, if too many websites are using them. This can be done by opening Google’s search page and capturing the key phrase in speech marks and seeing how many other websites are using them. If more than 50,000 results come back, the keyword might not be good for SEO, as using high competition keywords could bury the article within other similarly worded articles. Finding low competition keywords can be done by a system known as the money word matrix, covered in another article within this blog.
Make Money by Writing Articles
The writer may jot down strong keywords given from the Google toolbar and sprinkle the article with them. Strongest keywords should be placed in the article title and subtitle. The opening 50 pages is also a good place, as well as the concluding paragraph. Other good places are image tags, anchor text for links and in bullet points.
Once the article has been completed, it is a good idea to read it back so that it is not obvious to the reader that it is keyword rich. But be careful not to put too many keywords in the article. This is known as “keyword stuffing,” and could cause the article to suffer in ranking.